- Must be local to Seattle
- Independent contractor ideal, may consider W-2
- Duration can range from 3-12 months depending on
Provides technical design, development, and maintenance of company databases which includes performance tuning as well as security and integrity. Formulates and delivers system scope and objectives. Provides performance monitoring, planning and problem solving resolution timely and accurately.
- Data storage design
- Stored Procedures development
- SQL Agent Job – implementation, scheduling, monitoring
- Database administration and recovery
- Web applications
- Windows applications
- Automated data transfers
- SSRS reporting
- Excel exports
Planning & Documenting
- Develop functional specifications in conjunction with other department Subject Matter Experts.
- Delivers technical documentation of program development and operating instructions for users.
- Work is organized according to departmental goals.
- Assigned projects are managed.
- Adheres and upholds all IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Vendor relationship are developed and maintained to leverage software systems efficiencies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a closely related field.
- Extensive experience with C#, JQuery, MVC, SSRS, SSIS, and AJAX technology, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SQL Server development, ASP.net Web applications, Windows applications.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in software development projects
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with users, outside resources and others encountered in the course of work.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- A record successful delivery of software systems as an individual, team leader and or development manager.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners
- Possess strong conceptual skills and analytical abilities.
- Ability to prioritize, time manage and multi-task with limited supervision and sometimes under time pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate documentation and reports; read, interpret, explain and apply technical information on business processes, software and hardware for technical and non-technical users.
- Experience with Third Party Tools (i.e. Telerik, DevExpress, Infragistics).
- Knowledge of Redgate SW, Sharepoint 2013, REST, Json, and WebAPI.
- Experience with HTML5.